The Scottish Government has published a route-map setting out the order in which it will seek carefully to change current restrictions. As lockdown measures slowly lift, RGU will implement a phased return to campus based on five principles. We will prioritise:
- The safety and general wellbeing of all our students and staff.
- Securing the confidence of staff, students and their families based on evidence and information so that they can plan for the session ahead.
- Consistency with the Scottish Government’s framework for decision making and measures in place such as distancing, managing attendance and wider protective actions.
- The ability to prioritise learners including those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Alignment with the national effort to fight the spread of COVID-19.
Our 2020/2021 academic session will commence on Monday 28 September 2020. We are preparing to start the new semester with a blended delivery of safe on campus teaching and digital learning. This will mean that there will be digital delivery of lectures, tutorials, forums and class activities and we will be making the best use of our campus with appropriate measures in place.
We will regularly update our FAQ pages with information and guidance as our planning progresses.
Our video highlights the many ways in which staff and students have come together to support the response to COVID-19.